ubfriends | unscripted bold friendly dialogue

a site for recovery from undue religious influence

Recent Discussions

#
One of the annoyances we former members have to deal with from time to time is the dreaded "check in". UBFers like to check in a few years after you leave--just to see how you are doing. Recently this is happening to me. It must be time for the international ubf conference, because a few ubf-related people have been checking in, not just on me, but on other former members as well. What they really want to know is this: Do you still think UBF is a cult? [...]
#
The results are in! The survey question was: What part of life after UBF are you most interested in discussing here? [...]
#
One of the surprises I discovered, after leaving the controlling religious group I had joined in my teenage years, is the number of odd reactions I have to certain events. For example, why do I have panic attacks when I hear a noise while taking a shower? I am finding these triggers are part of a healthy recovery from traumatic events in the past. Peter Levine's thoughts on trauma recovery are proving to be quite helpful in this regard. [...]