[Admin note: This is a survivor story from an ex-member who left in 2010 during the first crisis/exodus. All personal details have been removed by request of the ex-member]
You are browsing archives for
This is what happened to the original Columbus UBF chapter following the media reports up to its disbandment.
This article is inspired by you the viewers.
There are “campus shepherds” on over 300 colleges and universities from a new religious group called University Bible Fellowship.
We, the undersigned, call on the leaders of the UBF shepherding system to stop the following:
1. Stop appointing personal, lifelong moral supervisors (aka “shepherds”) over students’ young adult lives.
2. Stop arranging marriages between UBF members, a practice called “marriage by faith”.
3. Admit and acknowledge (and put and end to) the mountain of eye-witness testimony regarding many kinds of abuse the UBF shepherding system has allowed, including, but not limited to:
- Demanding unnecessary sacrifice of students, including ordering abortions as a requirement to become a missionary, cutting off ties with family and friends, and pressuring students to offer money.
- Training students to obey through “dead dog training”, such as by having them walk barefoot 5 miles, to drive 3 hours every week to attend meetings, and to stand in ice water.
- Intruding into students’ lives through undue religious influence, excessive daily, weekly and monthly meetings, and unhealthy indoctrination.
More information about University Bible Fellowship, a Korean campus ministry, can be found here: http://wiki.ubfriends.net/
This petition will be delivered to:
- General Director
Abraham T. Kim
Dr. Augustine Sohn
- Vice President
Dr. Alan Wolff
Here is the link to Wikigoat’s petition: https://www.change.org/p/abraham-t-kim-stop-the-ubf-campus-shepherding
I’m actually looking forward to UBF’s threats and actions against me in the upcoming months. And here is why.