The title says it at all. This is essential in leaving UBF for good. For UBF has made harsh efforts to make you a clone.
“UBF trains people, in part, by disconnecting them from the world at large. Of course, its members work and go to school. But UBF has taken them out of interacting with the world except for activities that benefit the UBF group. How many people went to grad school at a certain school for the sake of pioneering or reaching out there, for example? When someone leaves UBF, they need to reconnect with the world in ways not related to a mission, the Bible, God, or a church for the sake of that church. I know a quite a few UBF teachers who cut off the news, TV, internet, movies, and books from members for the sake of controlling information and activities.” — Former Downey UBF chapter member
For this reason it is all the most important to not only rebuild/regain your original personality and reclaim your original identity but also to survive in the world as well as be familiar with it. Understanding the world and being open minded to it is not wrong as long as you don’t compromise your faith & beliefs. That is why it is very essential to truly rely on God himself and not be solely dependent on one person.
Here are some suggestions/recommendations on how to regain/rebuild your personality:
- reading non-theological books
- surfing the web as a hobby
- movies (theaters, Netfix)
- rebuilding ties with pre-UBF friends, classmates, and associates (who don’t advocate violence or destruction)
- watch TV (TV shows, news)
- playing video games as a hobby
- going to concerts
- simply hanging out with friends
- eating at restaurants that you love before you went to UBF
- watch documentaries
- board games (chess, checkers, puzzles, etc)
- keep a personal journal/blog
- listening to music (both gospel and secular)
The next few articles will simply be suggestions/ recommendations of some of the bullet points. Which of the bullet points do you want to see suggestions/ recommendations for? Is there anything else that should be on the list that I have missed? Leave a comment below.
As a final note I would like to thank C.W. for a lot of the bullet points suggestions/recommendations